Working on a big idea? Is it innovative? Can it scale?
757Pitch, a bi-monthly pitch competition hosted in collaboration between StartWheel and ODU, showcases some of the region’s hottest and most promising startups.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. The competition is held every other month (Jan, Mar, May, etc.) on the 3rd Tuesday.
Here’s the format:
- 7 Minutest to Pitch (followed by 5 minutes of Q&A)
- 5 Pitches
- $757 goes to the winner, in addition to a consulting package provided by ODU’s TempO program
Stay up to-date by following our Facebook Page.
Note: the venue changes for each competition.
Some things to consider before applying:
- 757Pitch is specifically looking for scalable venture ideas, as opposed to lifestyle businesses. While the latter are super important to a vibrant local/regional economy, they’re not the target for this competition.
- You don’t need a full-fledged business plan, but your pitch must convince the judges that you’re serious and that you’ve validated key assumptions in your business model with a clear path to profitability.
- You’ll be pitching in front of a live audience, a panel of local business leaders, and a video of your pitch will be uploaded to YouTube.