Editor’s Note: This opportunity was presented to StartWheel by SCORE Williamsburg and James City County Economic Development.
What could you do with $15,000, $30,000 or even $50,000 for your small business? The FedEx Small Business Grant Contest has returned, offering even more money to 10 winners. Entries will be accepted February 19 through March 25.
Entering is a great opportunity to gain exposure for your business and connect with your community and your fans — and winning one of the 10 grants could open up new possibilities for your business. Start thinking about how you want to tell your story: What do you want to share about your business? What could a grant help you accomplish?
Submit your story for a chance to win one of these prize packages:
- Grand prize: One winner of $50,000, plus $7,500 in FedEx Office® print and business services
- Silver prize: One winner of $30,000, plus $5,000 in FedEx Office print and business services
- Bronze prize: Eight winners of $15,000, plus $1,000 in FedEx Office print and business services
Enter between Feb. 19 and March 25. Learn more about the grant contest at fedex.com/grantcontest.
- Write a short profile highlighting your unique story and offerings.
- Upload a logo and photos that capture the spirit of your business.
- Create a one-minute video about what makes your business special.
- Share your entry! Remind fans to vote for your entry between February 27 and April 1. Votes are one of the many factors considered in choosing finalists and winners, and are allowed once per 24-hour period per person.
Important: Buying votes from anyone, or giving discounts or gifts in exchange for votes, is strictly prohibited. Any entrant in violation of these rules will be disqualified.
Have a story in mind or press release of your own that our regional entrepreneurs and innovators should know about? Let us know!
Stay updated on news and events in the Hampton Roads startup ecosystem…sign up for the StartWheel Newsletter!
StartWheel’s mission is to centralize and mobilize efforts that foster the growth of entrepreneurism in our regional innovation economy. We aim to support and cultivate an entrepreneurial network in HRVA where talent, resources, information and leadership come together.