CoVaBiz BOB Awards (Best of Business Awards)
By Kathryn Kelly
What makes a company successful? Its people? Its profits? Its impact? We consider it a combination of these factors, and we’re fortunate to have many successful businesses here in Coastal Virginia that put our region on the map economically, make our communities more dynamic and set the precedent of what the future of business will look like for our region.
With these awards, we highlight the services that companies use and trust to perform their day-to-day operations, the businesses that are excelling in their industries, the venues and events that make meetings and networking effective, the top professional development programs for taking careers to the next level and the individuals exuding professionalism, innovation and influence throughout their companies and communities.
A Few Guidelines
- One ballot per person (e-mail address), per day please.
- Nominees MUST be in the CORRECT Category in order to be counted.
- Vote for as many or as few categories as you would like, as our new ballot allows you to navigate through different pages seamslessly.
- You MUST submit your name and e-mail address with entry to validate your ballot.
- Any and all Coastal Virginia businesses and individuals can be featured in our “drop-down menu.” If your choice is not listed in our drop-down menu, simply “write in” your selection in the space provided. This WILL count as a vote, and our drop-down menu will be updated within 48 hours to reflect the “write in” nomination. Please keep in mind that we receive thousands of write-ins daily and that write-ins will not immediately appear in the drop-down menu.
- The finalist round will consist of businesses receiving the most nominations/votes received in their respective categories. These businesses will move into the finalist round for additional voting that runs August 1, 2019 through August 30, 2019.
- Our contest winners will be those receiving the most votes overall for the entire duration of the contest.
The first voting/nomination round goes from July 1 through July 30. The final voting round goes From August 1 through August 30. Winners will be published in the December/January 2019/20 Issue of CoVa Biz Magazine.
Have a story in mind or press release of your own that our regional entrepreneurs and innovators should know about? Let us know!
Stay updated on news and events in the Hampton Roads startup ecosystem…sign up for the StartWheel newsletter!
StartWheel’s mission is to centralize and mobilize efforts that foster the growth of entrepreneurism in our regional innovation economy. We aim to support and cultivate an entrepreneurial network in HRVA where talent, resources, information and leadership come together.