Networking is a great way to grow your business, so we’ve made it simple to find a local event that speaks to your business needs by aggregating tons of great local entrepreneurial, tech, and business development events into one easy-to-use calendar.
Note: Many events are imported to StartWheel’s calendar automatically. Event details are subject to change without notice to us. Please be sure to visit event organizer’s website to confirm event details.
- This event has passed.
757MS DRONE CAMP 2019
August 13, 2019 @ 7:30 am - 3:30 pm
An event every day that begins at 7:30 am, repeating until August 16, 2019
Rip through August with a STEM-focused, student-driven day camp featuring miniature Brushless Quad FPV racing drones: Learn, Build, Fly, Repeat.
Each day will begin with a drone demo and end with a drone career.
Sign up now and join us for the next organizational meeting (May 15, 7-7:45pm)
Start: 7:30 am August 5th
End: 3:30 pm (daily – later pickup by coordination)
2-week day camp, Monday-Friday August 5th-16th
(Optional family field event Saturday 17th.)
No prior experience necessary, but initiative is rewarded.
Limit 20 campers (Grades 6-10).
Priority given to 757 Makerspace members and campers with parent-volunteers.
Cost: $600/camper will cover:
- Brushless micro FPV quad drone kit
- Reprogrammable transmitter
- FPV goggles
- All needed accessories and spares for independent flying
- Tools and materials for assembly, customization, experimentation and testing
- Venue, tools, curriculum, organization, and escrow
- Lunch and snacks
- Sports breaks
- Loads of flight time (actual and simulated)
This is a camper-driven and parent-enabled team event. Let’s make this great together!
We are seeking:
- Parent volunteers, qualified guest speakers and highly motivated campers to lead some course modules (Drone Aerodynamics, Optics, Motors, Race Event Organization)
- Parent volunteers to assist with logistics (principally catering)
- Drone demos (racing, filming, applications, careers)
- Your talent and suggestions!
- May 8th – Organizational meeting / drone preview
- May 23rd – Curriculum & plan review
- June 5th – Mission Control Review + Groupon order of main components
- Our Minimum “Go for launch” Criteria:
- -6 motivated campers
- -All instructional modules and demonstration events covered
- -All logistics-support and chaperone slots filled
- June 27th – Module Leaders meeting
- June 29-30 – Indoor course construction
- Aug 3 – Setup
StartWheel’s mission is to centralize and mobilize efforts that foster the growth of entrepreneurism in our regional innovation economy. We aim to support and cultivate an entrepreneurial network in HRVA where talent, resources, information and leadership come together.