Networking is a great way to grow your business, so we’ve made it simple to find a local event that speaks to your business needs by aggregating tons of great local entrepreneurial, tech, and business development events into one easy-to-use calendar. Search by date, location or keyword to find an events that fit your interests.
- This event has passed.
July 17 @ 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
One event on July 17, 2018 at 5:30pm
One event on September 18, 2018 at 5:30pm
Working on a big venture?
757Pitch, a bi-monthly pitch competition hosted in collaboration between StartWheel and ODU, showcases some of the region’s hottest and most promising startups.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. The competition is held every other month (Jan, Mar, May, etc.) on the 3rd Tuesday.
Here’s the format:
- 7 Minutest to Pitch (followed by 5 minutes of Q&A)
- 5 Pitches
- $757 goes to the winner, in addition to a consulting package provided by ODU’s TempO program
Stay up to-date by following our Facebook Page.
Note: the venue changes for each competition.
Some things to consider before applying:
- 757Pitch is specifically looking for scalable venture ideas, as opposed to lifestyle businesses. While the latter are super important to a vibrant local/regional economy, they’re not the target for this competition.
- You don’t need a full-fledged business plan, but your pitch must convince the judges that you’re serious and that you’ve validated key assumptions in your business model with a clear path to profitability.
- You’ll be pitching in front of a live audience, a panel of local business leaders, and a video of your pitch will be uploaded to YouTube.
StartWheel’s mission is to centralize and mobilize efforts that foster the growth of entrepreneurism in our regional innovation economy. We aim to support and cultivate an entrepreneurial network in HRVA where talent, resources, information and leadership come together.