Networking is a great way to grow your business, so we’ve made it simple to find a local event that speaks to your business needs by aggregating tons of great local entrepreneurial, tech, and business development events into one easy-to-use calendar.
Note: Many events are imported to StartWheel’s calendar automatically. Event details are subject to change without notice to us. Please be sure to visit event organizer’s website to confirm event details.
- This event has passed.
Introduction to 3D Printing for Adults
May 30 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Introduction to 3D Printing with 757 Makerspace. This course is designed to introduce beginners to the art of 3D printing. We will cover a brief overview of design software, locations for models and how to use effectively work with the 3D Printers at 757 Makerspace.
Class discussions include:
– How 3D printing started and how it works
– Filaments, why & when you should use them, their costs and limitations
– Use of a Slicer program that turns your design into information the 3D printer uses to make your model
– How to optimize the print
– Problems & issues that can occur during printing, how to troubleshoot & deal with them
– Sites with “ready made” free designs
– Basic information on doing your own designs that will be a good introduction to our Computer Aided Design (CAD) and 3D Modeling courses.
– Types of 3D printer technology available to the makers & small business entrepreneurs
Location: 757 Makerspace Dream Factory
Date: (Thursday) May 30th
Time: 6:30pm – 8pm, please arrive a few minutes before to get in and setup
Tickets: $40 for non-members/Free for members (Reserve your spot through the Eventbrite link)
Just bring yourself or a few friends and let’s CREATE!
StartWheel’s mission is to centralize and mobilize efforts that foster the growth of entrepreneurism in our regional innovation economy. We aim to support and cultivate an entrepreneurial network in HRVA where talent, resources, information and leadership come together.